Tandoori Chicken Recipe
4 large chicken quarters/legs
200g / 7oz natural yogurt
1 teaspoon grated fresh root ginger
2 crushed garlic cloves
1 teaspoon garam masala
2 teaspoons ground coriander
1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
1 tablespoon tandoori spice powder
4 tablespoons lemon juice
1 tablepoon vegetable oil
1. Place the chicken in a non-metallic ovenproof dish and make 4 deep slashes in each piece of chicken. Put aside.
2. In a bowl mix together the yogurt, ginger, garlic, garam masala, ground corander, turmeric, tandoori spice powder, lemon juice and oil. Season with salt and spread the mixture over the chicken pieces to cover. Cover and allow to marinate as long as possible (overnight if time allows).
3. Preheat oven to 240C (475F), Gas mark 9.
4. Place the chicken into the preheated oven for around 20-30 minutes or until cooked through. Remove from the oven and serve hot.
5. These tandoori pieces of chicken go great with rice or lemon wedges on the side.
We think you might also like these recipes:
- Christmas Roasted Baby Carrots Recipe
- Chicken Bruschetta Recipe
- Chicken Recipes
- Ham and Mushroom Pizza Recipe
- Grilled Lamb Skewers Recipe
- Apple Crumble Recipe
- Low Fat Chicken Jalfrezi Recipe
- Quick Chicken Satay Recipe
- Chicken and Mushroom Recipe
- 4th July Beef Steak Burgers Recipe