Christmas Mushrooms in Red Wine Recipe
200g / 7oz button mushrooms
2 crushed garlic cloves
3 tablespoons red wine
1 teaspoon tomato puree
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
salt and pepper
1. Firstly pour the olive oil into a frying pan and gently fry the garlic in the oil for around 1 minute, then add the button mushrooms and toss to coat them all in oil.
2. In a bowl stir together the red wine and tomato puree, then pour this over the mushrooms.
3. Add half of the thyme leaves to the frying pan and season with salt and pepper. Gently cook for around 15 minutes, giving the occasional stir, until most of the juices have evaporated and the mushrooms are juicy and glossy.
4. Transfer to a serving plate or bowl and sprinkle the remainder of the thyme leaves over the mushrooms. These Christmas mushrooms can be enjoyed either hot, warm or at room temperature.
We think you might also like these recipes:
- Fig, Prosciutto and Pinenut Salad Recipe
- Grilled Lamb Skewers Recipe
- Lebanese Salad Recipe
- Roasted Butternut Squash Recipe
- Christmas Mulled Wine Recipe
- Mozzarella and Tomato Recipe
- Chilli Chicken Stir Fry Recipe
- Basic French Toast Recipe
- Garlic and Lemon Spinach Recipe
- Neapolitan Tomato Sauce Recipe