Christmas Cheese Straws Recipe
225g / 8 oz puff pastry
115g / 4 oz grated cheese
2 teaspoon mustard (optional)
plain flour to roll out
1 Preheat the oven to around 200C / Gas Mark 6 / 400F. Then sprinkle the worktop with a little flour.
2 Roll out the pastry to make a large rectangle. Spread the mustard and cheese over the pastry then cut into thin strips (around 4 inches long). If you want to you can always twist each strip very gently for an alternative effect.
3 On a well greased baking tray, place the straws on and then put in the over and bake for between 6-10 minutes or just until the cheese straws are golden and crisp.
4 Once cooked, remove from the oven and leave to cool until required.
We think you might also like these recipes:
- Cheesy Prawn Bake Recipe
- Christmas Roasted Baby Carrots Recipe
- Welsh Rarebit Recipe
- Delicious Naan Bread Recipe
- Christmas Mulled Wine Recipe
- Christmas Mince Pies Recipe
- Simple Salmon Fishcakes Recipe
- Cheese Scalloped Potatoes Recipe
- Cheese and Broccoli Tarts Recipe
- Chicken Enchiladas Recipe